We have learned that there are just a few key leadership skills that are often lacking in local government that make executing strategic goals very difficult.
We help department Directors and others see the bigger picture of their role – to advance strategic goals, communicate vision and grow their team. Our training, workshops and coaching help managers become leaders and more effectively implement strategic goals.
- Goal Setting and Goal Communication: This course helps department heads, managers and supervisors better understand what goals are and how to develop them. We help bring clarity to how a goal and a strategy connect to milestones, activities and tasks. We help the team learn to focus on outcomes, yet at the same time understand the influencing factors (lead measures) that predict success.
- Time Management: One of the biggest hinderances to leaders having time to focus on strategic goals is a lack of personal management. In this course, we help team leaders learn 6 steps to better organizing, prioritizing and managing the work day.
- Effective Employee Feedback: A significant contributor to a lack of team growth is a lack of effective employee feedback. When employees aren’t developed and don’t improve they are less able to take on new responsibilities and the local government leader is left doing all the heaving lifting. In this course, we teach leaders a process for how to give frequent feedback on performance so that people grow, challenges are resolved with and employees are encouraged in the areas in which they excel.
- Delegation: Delegating to team members frees up the local government leader to focus on more strategic goals, yet it’s hard for leaders to let go of certain things. In this course, we help teams learn both why to delegate and how to delegate in an effective way.
- Effective Communication and Meeting Management: Many leaders underestimate the power of communicating to their team. In this course, we help leaders develop a communication cadence, how to address all levels of their teams, how to use different communication mediums and how to maximize meeting time.
- Strategic Planning: In this course, we help local government leaders create a strategic plan. We assist with SWOT analysis, analyzing the current state, competitive forces and how to organize long-term strategic goals versus shorter-term goals. We also help the team develop a compelling organizational vision, mission and set of operational values.
- Decision-Making: As authority and decisions get pushed downward in the organization, individuals need to know how to make effective decision. We cover topics including when to engage others in the decision process, the importance of researching alternatives and history, how to communicate decisions, how to evaluate decisions once they are made, how to avoid paralysis by analysis and how to use the RACI process in making decisions.
To learn more or talk further, contact Bill Stark at 678-833-4310 or email at email@example.com.